Oil/Gas/Lost Mineral Lease

Question
I own the minerals and surface on 640 acres.  The original Mineral Lease was signed by my grandfather in 1949.  The oil
company said they never had an Original Lease and the Oil Co. had bought had a 1950 Assignment of the Mineral Lease but they didn't have a copy of the Original Lease either.  They have drilled two wells and one is producing already with large production.
   I told the oil co. their mineral trespassing but they didn't care.  They did pay royalties but was incorrect and should have
paid much more.  No record of lease in Land Office.
I believe I'm entitled to 100% of the minerals for trespassing on
the first new well without Mineral Lease documentation.

Please advice me.  Thank you.
The first well was produced in 1966, but nothing from 1949 to 1966.   I have six wells on my land.

Answer
Dale,

You may be right.  It would probably require some legal work, perhaps a lawsuit, to straighten this out.  If you are seeking legal representation, then please contact me privately by e-mail.  I would be happy to assist you.

L. Mark Bonner      
Norman & Edem, PLLC
127 N.W. 10th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
405-272-0200
405-272-1055 (fax)
markbonner@sbcglobal.net

NOTICE -- CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION:  This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail messages  attached to it, may contain confidential information that is legally privileged according to state and federal law.  If you are not the intended recipient, or person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, dissemination, forwarding, distribution or any use of any of the information contained or attached to this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED.  Interception of e-mail and disclosure of intercepted e-mail are illegal under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and 2107-2709.  If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender  by replying to this e-mail or by calling the number listed above and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without reading them or saving them to computer or disc.  Thank you.

Oil/Gas

Mark Bonner