Oil/Gas/Oil lease ownership

Question
I am trying to find out if a certain oil lease is still operating and who is the oil producer.
Oil lease name: Lear Tullous
         Stephens County, Oklahoma
         Section 27
Thanks,
Leonard Tullous

Answer
Leonard,

According to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, the operator of record is Petrova Oil & Gas, attn:  Ronny Powelson, 580-255-6373.  The corporation commission data base didn't have a record that it had been plugged, nor any production information.  Have you driven by it lately to see if a well is still in operation at that site?  If it is still in operation, then the Oklahoma Tax Commission will have production records which you can access as the royalty interest owner.  The API well number is 13723776 and the rest of your legal description is Section 27, Township 2N, Range 9W.  Feel free to call me at my office if you have any more questions.

L. Mark Bonner      
Norman & Edem, PLLC
127 N.W. 10th St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
405-272-0200
405-272-1055 (fax)

Oil/Gas

Mark Bonner