Oil/Gas/Overriding royalty interest

Question
QUESTION: Will your Owner Decimal Interest decrease overtime, even if the well is still producing?

ANSWER: The decimal on an overriding royalty interest (an interest carved out of the lessee's share) will not decrease over time unless that was part of your agreement with the lessee, but the production can and will decrease over time, the effect being that your checks will get smaller as time goes on.

Once there is no longer any production from the leased premises, your ORRI will cease to exist, since it was carved from the lessee's share of the production given them in the oil and gas lease (which expires when production ceases.)

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub

QUESTION: Thank you, I have one more question The lease I have covers a lot of land with 3000 new wells to be drilled over the next 10 years. Am I covered for all of these New wells under the old lease that dates back to 1960?

Answer
Yes, as long as the 1960 doesn't expire before they drill them, and covers all the formations/depths they plan to drill (it probably does.) You'd also want to make sure your ORRI is not a "term" interest (i.e. only good for so many years, rather than good until the lease expires.)

Frederick M. Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott