Oil/Gas/Trying to get minerals leased.

mr. scott, the wife and I have 585 acres in eastern Sequoyah county right on the s ar/ok state line.we cant find any company that's interested in leasing minerals. years ago we were hounded all the time. 6-12n-27e.  is there just nothing happening in that part of the county.thank you.your time is greatly appreciated

If there's any leasing activity in your area you'll likely be contacted by a lessee, so you don't really need to go "looking" for one, and I'd say that's pretty much a waste of time if you've been offered a lease before since they obviously know how to find you. It would also likely put you at a disadvantage economically because then they'd have to "do you the favor" of leasing you, rather than contacting you WANTING a lease. Make sense?

There are people and websites out there who claim to be able to help you get your minerals leased, but I doubt they ever have much luck for the reasons stated above.

Just to put you at ease though, I did take a look and the most recent leasing activity I see in your area was back in 2008 so you're not imagining things.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)