Oil/Gas/Working Interest vs Entitlement Interest

Question
Could you give a clear distinction on the above two terms. Which is a true number for a company's production.

Answer
I have never heard of an entitlement interest so you may want to address another here about that aspect. A working interest, however, is an interest which carries a financial responsibility unlike a royalty or override. Through not a part of my everyday workflow it is my understanding that anyone with a working interest will be responsible for joint interest billings or JIBs which cover well expenses. I believe they also have some say as to what happens with re-works of wells, etc. Their no votes can be outvoted and they can be placed in a non-consent status on a well. This means that the non consent owner is not eligible to receive any payments for production to an agreed upon level by those who did participate for example.  

Oil/Gas

Jason J. Alexander