Oil/Gas/Converting woking interest into ORRI or NRI

Question
I have a 15% working interest in a small tract of land,and someone has offered to buy it. I want to participate in any upside, but not risk any capital.
Should I ask for for an ORRI or an NRI, and how much?

Answer
You will want to convert to an ORRI (Overriding Royalty Interest)

Royalty means that you will not incur liabilities during any phase.

A NRI (Net Revenue Interest) means that there is a gross and expenses are subtracted (You are still liable for them if they exceed revenue) and you are left with a "Net" Revenue Interest.

I would ask for a 5% ORRI and see how much they are willing to give you.

Thanks,

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams