Oil/Gas/value of lease

What bonus and percentage is customary in the following area for a small tract of 6.25 acres?
Section 14, Township 6 South, Range 2 West in Love County, OK

The original answerer put this question in the question pool so I picked it up to give you a quick answer.

The last I've heard about Love County, OK is the following:

$50-650 bonus with the average being about $100/acre

Royalty being 12.5% up to 18.75% with the average being on a 5 year term.

Your small tract should be sufficient to get above the minimums on both royalty and bonus.

Hope this helps some.

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years