Oil/Gas/cross unit well

I have 14.50 acres in section 27, they plan on drilling a horizontal well that starts in this section(27)and crosses over into section 22. With 65% of allocation for section 27 and 35% for section 22 for a net acreage (mine) of 9.4 acres in the cross unit well. My question is what acreage am I paid lease on, the 14.50 acres or the 9.4 acres? How are the 5 odd acres handled not assigned to this cross unit well?

Your questions lacks a lot of information such as what state you live in, township, etc. you fail to even state what drilling company is doing this work or potential work.

If I was you I would refer to the oil and/or natural gas leasing document or any other documents that pertain to this issue. It sounds like you leased your subsurface minerals, surface minerals or both and now you have questions.  If you did not sign anything then I can not see how they are developing on your land.  Would recommend you consult with an attorney on this matter. A local attorney that specializes in real estate should be able to clear this up better.  Please keep in mind, you will have to have a all documents in presentation format for any attorney or consultant to take you serious. If you dont have a lease or development agreement then you will have to show your ownership of your claimed property.  All documents must have your signature on them otherwise you are wasting your time and others.

Chris Termeer

I can answer a broad variety of questions about oil and gas in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the industry. Topics of knowledge include but are not limited to: * History of the industry * Basic questions about formation of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon window, geologic processes that create oil and gas formations) * Types of formation structures, source rocks, and traps * Surrounding production analysis (how to, importance of etc) * Basic questions about magnetic surveys, geometric surveys, seismic surveys (2D and 3D) and radiometric surveys. (Including relative strengths and weaknesses and how performed.) * Basic questions of cable tool drilling * Complex questions about rotary drilling, its components, operations, how to set up a rig. Drilling operations including fluid/mud, cuttings analysis, downhole testing, directional drilling, making and tripping pipe, cementing casing (importance of and how performed etc), common drilling mistakes and problems. * Complex questions about post- (though sometimes occurs during) drilling activities such as well logging, sidewall and whole core sampling, drill stem testing, reserves analysis and projections. * Basic questions about well completions including installation of surface wellhead and subsurface safety valve, well perforations, lateral and horizontal completions, hydraulic fracturing, (I prefer the spelling form "fracking" for the active verb and "frac" for the noun form) and wellbore swabbing. * Basic questions about so-called "flush production" (others call primary recovery) such as natural gas drive, water drive, compaction drive and gravity/dip drive. * Complex questions about artifical hydrocarbon lift technologies such as the sucker rod pumpjack, plunger lift pumps, gas lift pumps and electric subsersible pumps. * Basic questions about secondary and tertiary recovery techniques including water flooding, gas injection (be it CO2 or N), anaerobic recovery and so forth.

I have worked in this industry for many years and have at least some experience in all aspects of it. My specialty in recent years has been in upstream exploration and production. I have worked as a Consultant and general partner for a variety of projects in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Colorado. My experience is also built on my extensive writing in the oil and gas industry on a series of blogs and websites and my recently published book, Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas.

Owner,, Owner,, Owner,

Self-published author of Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas, (ISBN: 978-0-9890434-1-0 and Library of Congress Control Number: 2013906080) Contributing author on

Bachelor's of Science from Michigan State University with a variety of other coursework at other Universities including the University of South Florida and University of Wollongong.