Oil/Gas/Mineral leases

What is the highest rate per acre for mineral leases in Burleson County, Texas?

The highest I've noted in Burleson County, Texas is $940/acre but the common number that is showing up is $250/acre.  It's hard to say if there was something additional in the 940 figure that could have contributed to the higher rate like drill sites, prior damage payment or an easement, use of surface water for drilling.  

But, the average royalty amounts are 16.67% (1/6th) up to 25% (1/4).

Hope this helps some.  

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years