Oil/Gas/Payment for pipeline across my minerals?

Question
I hope you can help me:) I'm trying to find out some info. I actually own mineral rights to 163 acres I don't not own the surface I found out today that the gas company is running gas lines where I own mineral rights. I'm trying to find out if where we own the mineral rights if we should be compensated it is it only the surface owner? I actually have a contract with an oil company rite now that expires in a couple of months that are wanting to drill and take oil from where we own the rights. It says in our contract we own all minerals gas, oil, coal or any thing of value under the surface. The man who is actually clearing the land for the gas company told us that they were running gas lines there. So we didn't know if you only get compensated when they are actually pulling gas from our rights or if its only the surface owner can you please help? I actually figured seeing how we were contacted that you only are paid if they are taking the gas from your rights not just because they run lines. Please any info will help. Thanks again

Answer
If they're running gas lines across where you own minerals you will not be compensated for that, nor should you be because the right-of-way granted them has to do with running a pipeline across the land, not the minerals underneath. You will only be compensated when/if they are actually pulling from your rights, and you will know if that happens because they will tell you.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott