Oil/Gas/temporary cnostruction site lease

A pipeline company is going to be laying a new 12" crude oil pipeline in this part of Major Co. Okla. Including crossing my land. We have already settled on the easement. They are now wanting to use some of my land for a staging and storage and construction site while the line is being put in. I have no idea what a person should ask for (money or agreements) on something like this.

There is no set amount so make the first offer your high offer.  I've seen some ask for new fencing or a new road/well drilled, etc.  

The company will calculate the damage payment based on what an acre of pasture land would sell for in that area and then pay that per the number of acres they are using.

Food for thought if nothing else.  

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years