Do you have any current knowledge about lease bonus and royalty% in Montague  county,tx
EOG wants to lease my minerals in two tracks one large in western county and I own 5 net acres in central
Montague county.

I have seen some leases in the $1,000/acre range but the common amount is going to be closer to the $2-300 per acre.  These are not scientific but general guides.  The royalty averages at about 20% up to 22.5%.

The closer production is to your acreage the more you are going to be able to ask for the higher amounts.  If no producing wells are in the area then you will be on the lower side.

Cliff Williams

I will try to answer any question you have. Even if I reject a question, I still will give a shot at what I would do in your position. The only questions I will not take a shot at would be a highly technical engineering or geological question. I am beginning to see quite a few questions from land men and other oil companies and that doesn't matter to me either. I will attempt to help.

I am an oil and gas attorney that has been in the business for more than 20 years. I have held a series 22 and 63 securities license, been in oil and gas operations, land man, division order analyst all prior to obtaining my law degree. Today, I typically write title opinions verifying ownership of oil and gas minerals, assist landowners in negotiations on oil, gas and mineral leases, easements and conveyances. I also assist oil and gas companies with the sale of working interest ownership as well as common business law issues.

State Bar of Texas, Member of the Tarrant County Bar and the Dallas County Bar Associations.

Multiple oil and gas topical columns on

I have a B.S. degree which I rely upon more than my Business Mgmt degree or Law degree...

Husband and father of 26 years