Oil/Gas/Cementing

Question

I will be a field engineer responsible for cementing for one of the biggest service companies. I have been searching for the career pathway for cementing field engineers but failed to find information. It seems to me that the career pathway for cementing field engineers is dead and not much advancement can be seen in the future. I would like to get into drilling or completions soon or later. Any advice on what I should do?

Besides drilling and completions, what are the other operations that a cementing field engineer can advance based on the experience gained? I am more into the career pathway for a cementing field engineer. Your time and answer is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Answer
If you are interested in drilling or completing then you might want to look at getting some higher education in the areas of IWCF and IADC

This link below might be able to help you.
http://www.petroleumtraining.org/fast_track_driller_course.php

I am not sure if these will help you or not but they should give you a better insight in those jobs.

That link was for overseas courses, I think you can find them in the USA if you live there as well.

Oil/Gas

Chris Termeer