Oil/Gas/Fracturing balls

What are the top frac ball manufacturers?

natural gas and oil fracking process
natural gas and oil fr  

Just like any other manufactured product, the question of who is best or the top individuals in the industry will vary from one individual to another.  The proppants used in fracking will vary in not only size but also in what they are made from, quality, and cost (especially since there seems to be some very cheap overseas products entering the industry). Which proppant to you also depends on the formation in question. The fracking process overall is considered to be a trade secrete between operators.

I was recently doing some research on success rates out in the Bakken formation.   The research involved rates of returns on investments (ROI) of a project in hopes to find out what proppants were the most ideal.  This involved comparing company's initial production rates and the frack proppants that they were said to be using.  The goal was to try to determine if it was better to use sand or frack balls.  There seems to be 2 types of problems, 1.) Fracking is still a fairly new process and only time will tell if proppants such as sand will break down over the life time of the well and if they do break down will production decrease?  2.) Is it worth the extra money in the use of expensive proppants in fracking fluids if you can achieve similar results with a less expensive product?  It all revolves around the ROI and finding operators that will be open in sharing there fracking process is likely not to ever happen as it may give them a very competitive advantage over other companies in a specific location.

But the shortest answer to your question in what are the top frac ball manufacturers, I would have to say is the company that can give me the best price for a quality product.  This typically depends on the order size and the business relationships between you and that company.

Chris Termeer

I can answer a broad variety of questions about oil and gas in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the industry. Topics of knowledge include but are not limited to: * History of the industry * Basic questions about formation of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon window, geologic processes that create oil and gas formations) * Types of formation structures, source rocks, and traps * Surrounding production analysis (how to, importance of etc) * Basic questions about magnetic surveys, geometric surveys, seismic surveys (2D and 3D) and radiometric surveys. (Including relative strengths and weaknesses and how performed.) * Basic questions of cable tool drilling * Complex questions about rotary drilling, its components, operations, how to set up a rig. Drilling operations including fluid/mud, cuttings analysis, downhole testing, directional drilling, making and tripping pipe, cementing casing (importance of and how performed etc), common drilling mistakes and problems. * Complex questions about post- (though sometimes occurs during) drilling activities such as well logging, sidewall and whole core sampling, drill stem testing, reserves analysis and projections. * Basic questions about well completions including installation of surface wellhead and subsurface safety valve, well perforations, lateral and horizontal completions, hydraulic fracturing, (I prefer the spelling form "fracking" for the active verb and "frac" for the noun form) and wellbore swabbing. * Basic questions about so-called "flush production" (others call primary recovery) such as natural gas drive, water drive, compaction drive and gravity/dip drive. * Complex questions about artifical hydrocarbon lift technologies such as the sucker rod pumpjack, plunger lift pumps, gas lift pumps and electric subsersible pumps. * Basic questions about secondary and tertiary recovery techniques including water flooding, gas injection (be it CO2 or N), anaerobic recovery and so forth.

I have worked in this industry for many years and have at least some experience in all aspects of it. My specialty in recent years has been in upstream exploration and production. I have worked as a Consultant and general partner for a variety of projects in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Colorado. My experience is also built on my extensive writing in the oil and gas industry on a series of blogs and websites and my recently published book, Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas.

Owner,, Owner,, Owner,

Self-published author of Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas, (ISBN: 978-0-9890434-1-0 and Library of Congress Control Number: 2013906080) Contributing author on

Bachelor's of Science from Michigan State University with a variety of other coursework at other Universities including the University of South Florida and University of Wollongong.