Oil/Gas/mcintosh county okla leases

what are leases going for in section 19-11n-17e in mcintosh county oklahoma?

Leases in this area can go for a wide range of values.  It often depends on several factors.  Below is a list of things to take into consideration.

- how much ownership will the land owner retain?  (if the land owner is wanting to retain more rights or royalty then the upfront bonus or leasing signing could be much less, the price has to justify the potential returns of the total project)
- depends on depths and what minerals are included. (is it just oil, or is other valuable minerals included.)
- is surface rights convey in the leasing discussions? if so that could alter the price.
- what type of land damages are thought of or other special conditions with the lessee have to agree and have to work around in order to do their job.
- are there essential components or limitations that would restrict the operations of drilling or the daily operations of a project.
- Is your property proven or unproven?
- has geology tests been conducted on the property?
- is there easement issues?
- is there hidden ORRI and if so are they outrageous?
- is it residential or is there a home or other structure on the property? if so this could decrease the usability of the land or value of a lease.
- are you in the core of a formation? high development activity near by? how close if it is? if you are on a edge or on the other side of a area of a structure that most likely does not have any minerals then the land or subsurface minerals could be worthless.
- are you the only mineral owner? does it have clean title or could this be a leasing nightmare.  there are some properties in this country where there are is a large amount of mineral owners and getting them to all agree on leasing terms is something most developers do not want to get involved with.

This is just some examples of things that could increase or decrease the value of your land.  

to ultimately answer your quest? mineral leases are just like any other thing for sale.  it is worth as much as the buyer is willing to pay for it.

Hope this helps.

Chris Termeer

I can answer a broad variety of questions about oil and gas in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the industry. Topics of knowledge include but are not limited to: * History of the industry * Basic questions about formation of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon window, geologic processes that create oil and gas formations) * Types of formation structures, source rocks, and traps * Surrounding production analysis (how to, importance of etc) * Basic questions about magnetic surveys, geometric surveys, seismic surveys (2D and 3D) and radiometric surveys. (Including relative strengths and weaknesses and how performed.) * Basic questions of cable tool drilling * Complex questions about rotary drilling, its components, operations, how to set up a rig. Drilling operations including fluid/mud, cuttings analysis, downhole testing, directional drilling, making and tripping pipe, cementing casing (importance of and how performed etc), common drilling mistakes and problems. * Complex questions about post- (though sometimes occurs during) drilling activities such as well logging, sidewall and whole core sampling, drill stem testing, reserves analysis and projections. * Basic questions about well completions including installation of surface wellhead and subsurface safety valve, well perforations, lateral and horizontal completions, hydraulic fracturing, (I prefer the spelling form "fracking" for the active verb and "frac" for the noun form) and wellbore swabbing. * Basic questions about so-called "flush production" (others call primary recovery) such as natural gas drive, water drive, compaction drive and gravity/dip drive. * Complex questions about artifical hydrocarbon lift technologies such as the sucker rod pumpjack, plunger lift pumps, gas lift pumps and electric subsersible pumps. * Basic questions about secondary and tertiary recovery techniques including water flooding, gas injection (be it CO2 or N), anaerobic recovery and so forth.

I have worked in this industry for many years and have at least some experience in all aspects of it. My specialty in recent years has been in upstream exploration and production. I have worked as a Consultant and general partner for a variety of projects in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Colorado. My experience is also built on my extensive writing in the oil and gas industry on a series of blogs and websites and my recently published book, Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas.

Owner,, Owner,, Owner,

Self-published author of Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas, (ISBN: 978-0-9890434-1-0 and Library of Congress Control Number: 2013906080) Contributing author on

Bachelor's of Science from Michigan State University with a variety of other coursework at other Universities including the University of South Florida and University of Wollongong.