Oil/Gas/O&G royalties; Oklahoma Canadian Co.

Question
Mr. Scott -- As you likely know hiring an Oklahoma O&G lawyer commonly costs $150/hr or more. Consequently I/we must make an ongoing assessment to determine if such costs might be recovered, and how soon when decimal-interests are small.  Still, with many of us beyond age 70 -- an income increase of $50/mo or more very helpfully supplements Social Security checks.

Resulting from a 1917 purchase of 80A by my grandfather (and subsequent leases), I and some cousins share in small royalties (all under 0.00090### interest) at S13, T14N, R10W where there has been recent (2013) QEP Energy Co. drilling activity. Some siblings and cousins rely on me to keep them abreast on the value of these royalties and the prospects for $$ gains.  It appears that you selflessly and generously provide expert service to many.  I assume that you use numerous on-line (web) sources to answer your questions. Would you please provide me with the URLs of a few of your most-used sources (particularly with regard to current and past production, per well; trends; etc.).  Thank you.

Answer
Happy to! One absolutely free service I use for Oklahoma is the Oklahoma Corporation Commission website at www.occeweb.com. Using their oil and gas division database search allows me to search any section, township, and range in the state for production, drilling permits etc. I can also retrieve copies of geologic reports and completion reports for any well drilled in the state. The site takes some work to be able to use correctly but it is totally free (your tax dollars at work as it were.)

Two other good sites I use for Oklahoma data are Drilling Info and Pangaea Data. Those are both pay sites, and fairly expensive at over $100/month but do provide a lot of date and have easy-to-use search functions.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
Timbercreek Mineral Company,LLC
http://www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott