Oil/Gas/Old Oil Lease

Question
In pursuance of Title 19 for my Mother-in-Law, I'm inquiring about her holdings.

My mother-in-law has been leasing NW/4 SE/4 Section 23-9N-3E, Pottawatomie County, OK.

There hasn't been any activity that I can find since 1987, and we are wondering if there is any mineral rights value in the land.

I am a complete novice at Oil and Gas leases.

Thanks,

Jim

Answer
There has been leasing in your section as recently as 2012, but depending on what part of the section your minerals are in they may not have leased your mother-in-law. There is currently no production anywhere in the section.

I'm certain they are worth something, but how much for sure I couldn't tell you. Only way to find that out would be to offer them for sale and see what kind of offers come in.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
Timbercreek Mineral Company,LLC
http://www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott