Oil/Gas/Further develop my producing lease?

Question
Sir:
   The Genn family owns 160 acres (1/4) section; mineral rights under T3s R2e section 18 carter co. Oklahoma. I am interested in your opinion as to when we may have these mineral rights developed? We receive natural gas checks currently. I am registered with the Oklahoma mineral owners registry.

Answer
You mean developed FURTHER I assume, since there is already a well there. Further development is up to the operator unless your lease agreement states something contrary to that. When they leased you (or whomever owned the minerals at the time) they were paying for right, but NOT the "obligation" to drill any wells. Thus, if you want more wells you will have to wait until they decide to drill again, or perhaps try to force them to either drill or release the lease in court, though unless you can prove to the judge they are not "prudently" developing their leasehold in this section you will likely lose that battle.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott