Oil/Gas/Washita County, OK

We currently have a lease in Washita Co. that will expire in October (18 10N 17W, 07 10N 17W). Is drilling still active in this area? We are curious if Chesapeake will off to renew our lease.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

That said, I don't live to far from here and so took a look myself. There has been hardly any leasing in either section since 2010 so it's unlikely either lease will be renewed. Centennial Land Company did buy one lease in 7-10-17 back in June of 2012 so you might contact them about renewing. Not sure who they were leasing for (land companies generally lease for their client oil companies rather than themselves.)

There are also no current permits for new wells anywhere in that township.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)