Oil/Gas/XTO Well #107723; Berwyn 01-15H

My father passed away several years ago and I am trying to research mineral rights he inherited from his father.  Is this something you can help us with?  Subject line above is an example of a specific well. I think he has an interest in about a dozen wells.  Your input is appreciated.

If you want to determine what your grandfather owned at his death your best bet is to visit the county clerk's office in the county where the mineral rights are located. There you will find all the records relating to this piece of land (or the minerals underneath.) If he owned elsewhere in the county you'd also be able to find those using the 'grantor/grantee" index books available at the county clerk's office. If they're not too busy the girls that work in the office would probably be able to get you started in your search.

If you are not able to go there in person, and the records are not available online, then you'd need to hire a landman or (more expensive) an attorney to do the research for you. Most landmen will charge between $250 and $500 per day, plus expenses, to do this research for you. It shouldn't take a good landman more than two or three days to figure it out.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)