Oil/Gas/Columbia County, Arkansas

I have mineral rights on 360 acres of land in Columbia County, Arkansas, Township 15S Range 20W, Sections 21 and 22, and have been approached about selling these rights... How can I find out if there is any activity in this area and how can I determine their value? It borders on the east very close to the Stephens Oil and Gas fields, but there has never been any activity here...

There is some activity in the county, though most of the production from wells drilled over the past few years has come from the NE/4 of the county. Check the FAQ pages on the Mineral Hub  website for tips on determining value, and of course you can also list them for sale on the site if you prefer not to deal with these unsolicited buyers directly (who sometimes can be less than objective when "valuing" your mineral rights (because they want to buy them!)

As for finding out the activity in the area, Drilling Info would be one site that would have the information available. It's a subscription-based site, but covers Arkansas data very well.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)