Oil/Gas/Oil Wells I want to sell...

Hello. I have some questions involving land patents that are in my family. These patents were purchased during the land run out in Oklahoma. I have done a lot of research and found a bunch of oil and gas leases that were signed between my grand father and the oil company like Gypsy/Gulf which is now Chevron, and Humble which is now Exxon. These leases were between 5 - 10 years. All this land was never drilled on except one piece of land they did strike oil. After the oil strike my family bought more land all through out the Osage Territory and every boarder state around Oklahoma. We hold a lot of land patents. So my question is that after they all died, there were no more leases and no activity up until around the late 1980's and then people who are not legal heirs began to sign leases and there has been drilling all over. I contacted the oil company that was drilling myself they told me to get an attorney. Okay, so this is what I need help with, I want to sell one of our wells directly to the big oil company since we hold the patent. Please tell me the steps I need to take to get this done. If you know of anyone who wants to help I will give a percentage. If you look up one of these land descriptions you will see what I am talking about... Thanks in advance...

Hi Deborah,

I would be happy to help you either on an hourly fee basis or a percentage basis, whichever you prefer.

If you would like to scan and e-mail copies of the patents, leases, and any relevant probate papers that show who the proper heirs are, then I would be happy to review them and give you a call; or, you could mail me copies to PO Box 1473, Oklahoma City, OK 73101.  

Mark Bonner

Interests include oil and gas leases, mineral deeds, royalty payments, interest on late royalty payments, post-production costs.

I have been an attorney for over 20 years.

Norman & Edem, PLLC 127 N.W. 10th St. Oklahoma City, OK 73103 405-272-0200 (Tel.)

Oklahoma Bar Journal; Oklahoma Association for Justice Advocate

Highest Honors, OU College of Law, 1992 Earl Sneed Award for Oil & Gas