Oil/Gas/Royalty payments due?

Question
How long does it take to get a division order out to me after I claim on my interest, it is in Custer County well drilled in 2011. I have sent all the papers along with my lawyers help in claiming my interest, all this  back in July 2013. The oil company says they need 90 to 120 days to get one out and then on a first come first serve name. This does not seem reasonable to me as the well was drilled in 2011 why so long in getting paper work done in order to send checks.
SEC. 27-12-16
22-13-16
34-13-16
2-15-14
Here it is Oct. and I'm still waiting
Thank You Russell

Answer
In Oklahoma, per the Oklahoma Production Revenue Standards Act, they have six months from first production to begin paying on a new well. If they don't pay within six months, then interest accrues on "late" payments at either 6% or 12% per year, depending on whether your title is "marketable" (good) or not. It's not uncommon for companies to pay late, but if they do, you need to ask for any interest due usually, as they sometimes need to be reminded of that.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott