Oil/Gas/Texas Gas Lease Inheritance

My mother died and her will is being probated in Maryland. My sister and I are the only ones to inherit. My sister has been appointed Administrator of the estate. Neither of us knows much about gas leases.
My mother owned 100 acres of a mineral rights to a property near Marshall Tx leased to Matador.
Whitlow #2 Unit;
420014-004 Whitlow #2 Well
420014-009 Darleen #1 Well
Division Order Dated 29 Dec 2006
From Lease agreement January 2004
"Being 100 acres of land, more or less, a part of the Robert W. Smith survey A-633 and the Henry Martin survey A-431 and being more described in that certain warranty deed dated November 11, 1943 from T. J. Taylor as grantor to Barbara Gail Walton as grantee as recorded in Volume 256, page 579, in the deed of records of Harrison County, Texas."
We need to know how to change the title to either one of us and a rough idea of its value so as to split the estate.
It appears that the title deed could be issued by the Administrator after recording a copy of the will and her appointment as Administrator.
Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Every company has different documentation requirements, because every company has the right to decide what level of risk they are willing to take with any given transaction.  Every ownership change has a level of risk associated with it--if the operator/payer begins paying the wrong person, the operator/payer might be required to pay the same amount of money a second time to the right person, but pay it out of their own pocket.  So the best thing to do is to contact the operator to tell them you need for them to change their records, and to ask what that company specifically requires to receive in a situation like yours.

I took the liberty of looking up your wells in the Texas Railroad Commission website.  The API number for the Darlene #1 is 42-203-33191.  The API number for the Whitlow #2 Unit is 42-203-33033.

To contact Matador Production Company, call (972) 371-5200 and ask to speak to Margie Waters-Hudson, the division order analyst at Matador.  Their address is 5400 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy., Dallas, TX 75240. Tell Margie everything you stated in your question here, and she can tell you what documentation she needs to receive in order to change their records into the names of the heirs and begin paying the heirs.

Please let me know if I can help you further with this.

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA

All questions regarding division orders; ownership decimal calculations; title ownership and payer record changes (testate/intestate inheritance; deed; assignment; court order); oil and gas lease analysis for record-keeping and purposes of payment by operator or payer; pooling, horizontal wells, horizontal well allocation units; unclaimed property reporting; royalty owner relations questions. All questions concerning administration of surface land contracts and payment questions, such as for Surface Right-of-Way, Sub-Surface Right-of-Way, Easement, Surface Use Agreement. All questions regarding industry-standard and company-specific policies that affect land owners.

Sr. Staff Division Order Analyst. Certified Division Order Analyst (CDOA, National Association of Division Order Analysts) and Certified Lease Analyst (CPLTA, National Association of Professional Lease and Title Analysts) with 35 years of experience as a combination division order analyst and lease analyst in exploration and production in the oil and gas industry.

National Assoc. of Division Order Analysts (NADOA), National Association of Division Order Analysts (NALTA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), American Society of Trainers and Developers (ASTD)

"How an Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company Operates" and "Principles of Oil & Gas Lease Analysis: Standard Clauses", Oil Patch Press; Articles in NADOA Magazine; LandFocus EDU Professional Training Manuals

Education/Credentials Management from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio; M.Ed. in Instructional Design from WGU Texas.

Past 15 years: GeoSouthern Energy Corporation; Contango Oil Co./Crimson Exploration & Operating Inc.; Apache Corporation; BP America; Marathon Oil; Newfield Exploration