Oil/Gas/grady co 9t-4n-8w

if you have signed a lease agreement with one oil co.and have not heard back from them with ck.,its been about 2 weeks.and now have a second offer from stamp bros. out of tuttle ok ,which the offer is 80% question can i drop 1 st co and go with second ?? thank you bev

If you haven't signed a lease with anyone yet, or promised to, then sure, you could go with Stamps Brothers if you like. If you've already signed a lease with someone and sent it back to them but haven't been paid, you need to get that all figured out before anyone else will be able to lease you.

If the first company is late in paying you then you could call and ask for your signed lease back. I doubt that would do anything except prompt them to pay you though, unless perhaps you told them you were planning to file an affidavit of non-payment if they are in fact late in paying you as agreed.

Stamps Brothers will likely not lease you until you prove to them that your minerals are still available to lease. As long as that first company has your signed lease in its possession this is going to be tough to do.

I wish you well.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)