Oil/Gas/mineral lease/sale

Question
Laura,  I own approximately 35 acres in Cameron La.  I know very little about the oil and natural gas business.  I am trying to find out how to lease the mineral rights.  Any information or guidance from you would be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Mr Emory
If you are the owner of record, then someone interested in leasing your minerals would be contacting you.
Do you live in Cameron Parish? Many times landmen have a difficult time locating the current owners is why I ask.
Other than this, you might try contacting the Cameon Ph Clerk of Court's office and asking if they can give you a landmans name who is leasing in the area.
I hope this helps. Please contact me if I can assist you further.  

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL