Oil/Gas/ROYALTIES

Question
I HAVE PROPERTY 100 AC AND I HAVE LEASED THE MINERAL RIGHTS TO HG ENERGY AS I STAND ON MY PROPERTY I CAN SEE 3 HORAZONTAL WELLS THAT ARE ALL THREE LESS THAN A MILE FROM MY PROPERTY ARE THE PEOPLE WITHIN A CERTIAN RADIUS OF THE PAD INCLUDED FOR PAYMENT OF ROYALTIES? I LIVE IN WEST VIRGINIA, HOW DO THEY DECIDE WHAT PROPERTIES ARE POOLED TOGETHER FOR EACH WELL? IS THE WELL IN THE CENTER AND THE PROPERTY WITHIN SO MANY FEET IS INCLUDED?

Answer
Horizontal wells have a beginning and ending point and typically the acreage/minerals within a predefined number of feet (perhaps 300-500' on either side of the wellbore) will be included in the "unit" for the purposes of paying royalty.

Each state and each zone have different rules for who are to be included in the unit.  You should feel free to call the state oil and gas commission (in the state in which your property is located) and ask them for additional specific information related to the wells close to your property.

Sincerely,

Oil/Gas

Cliff Williams