Oil/Gas/Unsolicited Lease Offer

I just received an offer to lease my minerals in 27-16n-13w.  Any information you can furnish would be greatly appreciated.  I have been told that there have only been 4 leases during the last 12 months in Blaine County Ok. And bonuses paid were from 400 to 1500.  Thank you for ANY information.

Three years ago you could have probably gotten $1200/acre or so, though those were mostly in the northern part of the township (you're in the southern part.) Recent filed leases are few and far between in your section currently, though Continental was busy with Section 33 just to the south of you earlier this year. Not sure what they are paying but doubt it's $1200/acre. If it is, I'd take it as long as the other lease terms are good (depth clause, shut-in limitation, no-deductions etc.)

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)