Oil/Gas/Utica well

Question
Hi, my Utica gas well in Tioga county Pa. has been completed about a month ago and now waiting for the pipeline witch is about 3 months away. The question is this, the gauge on the well was at 6,100 psi and its been going up a little every day now its at 6,600 is that a good thing ? and why does it go up just sitting there? Thanks for your time
Frank
God bless

Answer
Yes, the fact that it is going up and not down is a good thing.  The reason why the pressure goes up when it is shut-in is related to temperature.  When the well is flowing the gas will cool down the well bore and when it is shut-in it warms up.  When the temperature increases the pressure increases (since it is a closed system).

Oil/Gas

David Traugott