Oil/Gas/Company billing and paying in error?

Question
QUESTION: Who do I contact when an oil company is actively using an oil and gas well with no valid lease. My siblings and I are currently receiving bills and incorrect checks for two producing oil and gas wells with no lease as stated in two registered wills .A 5th person is receiving 1/5th interest with no valid claim as stated in both wills.

ANSWER: Contact an oil and gas attorney about this would be my advice if you've had no luck with the company. If you haven't contacted the company yet I would do so and explain (nicely) to them that you are receiving bills and checks that you believe are in error and would like to get it straightened out. Perhaps they have a valid explanation, and if they don't, then your next stop would be to run your findings by an attorney and have them deal with the company.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

QUESTION: I must not have been clear. My siblings and I are entitled to the oil and gas production. The oil company has added a 5th.person without any legal precedent and extended a lease with no signatures.On numerous occasions the oil company has been asked to produce the oil and gas lease, they have ignored all requests. We want to know what state or federal agency to contact in new Mexico,where the leases are located, since the oil company is in Texas. We are going to file criminal charges against the company and the 5th person illegally added. I hope this clears up the question.

Answer
You stated in your first question that you are currently "receiving bills and incorrect checks for two producing oil and gas wells with no lease as stated in two registered wills." In what way are the checks "incorrect."? Not enough money, too much money, wrong decimal?

Second, what does "no lease as stated in two registered wills" mean? Was a lease mentioned in someone's will?

Third, it's not clear what you mean by "A 5th person is receiving 1/5th interest with no valid claim as stated in both wills." Without seeing the wills I have no way of determining the validity of the 5th person's claim. Did the wills both state this person isn't to receive any interest or something? Note: If the estate has not been probated then the heirship will be determined by the laws of intestate succession rather than the unprobated will (in most states anyway.)

Please realize that I'm not at all familiar with these documents/people you are speaking of. That is why I think you'd be much better off running your concerns by an oil and gas attorney who can actually look at this stuff rather than on this free forum where the experts have limited time; and let him/her determine a course of action and determine why this "5th person" was "illegally" added.

Hope this works out for you!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott