Oil/Gas/Custer County

Question
My sister and I own @ 65 acres of royalty in Custer County Oklahoma, specifically section 15-13N-20W and section 23-13N-20W.  These sections are currently under a lease which will expire in June of this year.  Anything happening in this area?

Answer
Apache has filed ONE lease so far this year in that section, which indicates they may be renewing leases as they expire, or at least renewing some of them. You might contact Apache or whomever is leasing for them around the time your lease expires and see if they are interested. I didn't see any permits for new wells in either your section or any of the adjacent sections so doesn't look like anything much is happening in your immediate area right now.

I did notice that 5-13N-20W (two miles NW of you) was force-pooled last year, and one of options listed on the pooling was $250/acre and 3/16 royalty; indicating that leases had been bought on those terms in that section prior to the forced-pooling application.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott