Oil/Gas/Interest on suspended funds

Question
My wife has minerals held in suspense in Hughes Co, OK
We have been working with the Senior Order Division analyst to get our interest out of suspense.  We are nearly there.  I have to send a copy of the proof of death and heirship filed with the county clerk to the Sr Division Analyst and we should have it done.  There is approximately $42000.oo being held in suspense.
It is my understanding that in OK the funds in suspense are earning interest at  the rate of 6%.  My question for you is....how does one claim the acccrued interest?  Do we have to request it from the  O/G company or is it automatically included when they pay the suspended funds? If we need to request it, who would we contact about receiving the interest accrued?

Thanks  Stan

Answer
Stan
I'm glad you are inquiring about the interest that has accrued. I'm uncertain whether the right to the accrued interest is not based on the reasons why the money is in suspense. I would think that if the Operator can show they were unable to locate the owners to resolve any title issues which caused the funds to go into suspense then you will probably not be entitled to the interest that accrued. Certainly you should send a letter to the Operator, via Certifed Mail, return receipt requested, asking about the accrued interest. By putting your question in writing it requires the Operator to respond within usually 30 days.
Best of luck.
If I can assist you further, please let me know.  

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL