QUESTION: DO Gas Wells have lower productivity than Oil Wells .. if spp Why and How ?

ANSWER: Pooja,

Oil is a liquid and natural gas is a gas, each is a fluid and moves from areas of high pressure to low pressure.  it is important to remember that gas is also a fluid.

how ever each of these fluids came flow at different rates through out the rock matrix of a oil or gas formation.

your question is very complex as production of oil or gas is dependent on many factors such as quantity, quality of the fluids and the dynamics of the formation in which they flow through.

it is also important to understand how oil and gas is formed. temperature and pressure are two of the most important fractures in creating oil natural gas. I would ask you to review chapter 3 of my book "Fundamentals of investing in oil and gas" as this chapter goes into great detail on how oil and gas is formed.   the later chapters referrer to production. I feel this book would help you out the most.

Chris Termeer

QUESTION: Thank you so much Sir for the suggestion
CAN u please elaborate it by giving an example or a case study where some of the factors are discussed so that i can have the better understanding of the topic.. and is able to get the solution to my question like in so and so situation the gas well will have a lower/higher productivity ..

Waiting for the reply .

I really can not help you out any more then what I have do so for without charging you for my time.

Your question is not comparing apples to apples.

The correlation between oil and natural gas is entirely different. For gas you measure it in cubic feet and for liquids you measure it in barrels.

That is just one of your many problems in what you are trying to accomplish.

You need to convert it into a common unit such as energy in order to make your comparison. This is a very difficult thing to do and would cost you a lot of time, money and energy. I really do not see the point in what you are trying to accomplish.

Chris Termeer

Chris Termeer

I can answer a broad variety of questions about oil and gas in the upstream, midstream, and downstream sectors of the industry. Topics of knowledge include but are not limited to: * History of the industry * Basic questions about formation of hydrocarbons (hydrocarbon window, geologic processes that create oil and gas formations) * Types of formation structures, source rocks, and traps * Surrounding production analysis (how to, importance of etc) * Basic questions about magnetic surveys, geometric surveys, seismic surveys (2D and 3D) and radiometric surveys. (Including relative strengths and weaknesses and how performed.) * Basic questions of cable tool drilling * Complex questions about rotary drilling, its components, operations, how to set up a rig. Drilling operations including fluid/mud, cuttings analysis, downhole testing, directional drilling, making and tripping pipe, cementing casing (importance of and how performed etc), common drilling mistakes and problems. * Complex questions about post- (though sometimes occurs during) drilling activities such as well logging, sidewall and whole core sampling, drill stem testing, reserves analysis and projections. * Basic questions about well completions including installation of surface wellhead and subsurface safety valve, well perforations, lateral and horizontal completions, hydraulic fracturing, (I prefer the spelling form "fracking" for the active verb and "frac" for the noun form) and wellbore swabbing. * Basic questions about so-called "flush production" (others call primary recovery) such as natural gas drive, water drive, compaction drive and gravity/dip drive. * Complex questions about artifical hydrocarbon lift technologies such as the sucker rod pumpjack, plunger lift pumps, gas lift pumps and electric subsersible pumps. * Basic questions about secondary and tertiary recovery techniques including water flooding, gas injection (be it CO2 or N), anaerobic recovery and so forth.

I have worked in this industry for many years and have at least some experience in all aspects of it. My specialty in recent years has been in upstream exploration and production. I have worked as a Consultant and general partner for a variety of projects in Texas, Illinois, Louisiana, Colorado. My experience is also built on my extensive writing in the oil and gas industry on a series of blogs and websites and my recently published book, Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas.

Owner,, Owner,, Owner,

Self-published author of Fundamentals of Investing in Oil and Gas, (ISBN: 978-0-9890434-1-0 and Library of Congress Control Number: 2013906080) Contributing author on

Bachelor's of Science from Michigan State University with a variety of other coursework at other Universities including the University of South Florida and University of Wollongong.