Oil/Gas/PRODUCTION

Question
good morning sir.
Sir my Ques is :
DO Gas Wells have lower productivity than the Oil wells ? if so .Why and How

Thank You

Answer
Hi Pooja:

To answer your question, it depends.

First, I would want to know what type of well one would be measuring productivity on.

Typically you will have either Oil wells, wells that produce Oil and Natural Gas and wells that produce only Natural Gas. So depending on which type of well you are measuring productivity on, that should give you your answer. Generally speaking, Natural Gas is often found in the production of Oil.

I have provided a link below that fully explains the science part of why and how Natural Gas forms and what affects its productivity levels compared to oil.

http://education.nationalgeographic.com/education/encyclopedia/natural-gas/?ar_a

Oil/Gas

Brian Robinson, J.D.