Oil/Gas/Recent activity/lease values 11n-25w Roger Mills

I own some minerals in 1-11n-25w that suddenly seem to be getting a lot of attention (offers to buy & lease). I've been previously been offered $2,000 x 20% just a few years ago. My most recent offer just came in at $1,000 and 3/16. Looking to hold out for better royalty.
Do you know what is happening in this area? Or what the most current leases have brought?

Thanks in advance.

Roger Mills County, OK
Roger Mills County, OK  
$1000 and 3/16 isn't bad currently, though I'd shoot for $1250 and 3/16 anyway and see what they say. I'd say it's worth the risk of them turning you down. Don't agree to a two-year extension on top of the initial three years though, unless they are willing to pay you more if the option is exercised. R.D. Davis and Ass. seems to be doing most of the leasing in your area these days. Their client would be one of the oil companies operating in the area most likely (they are a land company.) If they are not the ones who contacted you you might contact them and see if they will beat your current offer.

Two or three years ago even $1250/acre would not have not been nearly enough for a lease in this area, but things have changed since then a lot. Gas prices have stayed down, and this is gas country for the most part.

If you do end up wanting to sell these (even after leasing them) please consider listing them with me before accepting an unsolicited offer from anyone. I've had several buyers contact me at The Mineral Hub (which I manage) looking for minerals in RM County recently and I'd love to help you get them sold should you decide to sell.

The attached map will give you an idea of where the current drilling activity is taking place in the county. Each blue dot represents a drilling permit that has been issued within the past 365 days. Most drilling permits are good for one year, which is why I used that time period.

As you can see, your minerals are in a township with a lot of activity, which is why you are getting those unsolicited offers to buy them. Section 1 is in the NE corner of the township however, and most of the permitting activity is several miles away, but these would still be attractive to any buyer interested in Roger Mills County because the area in general is one of the better ones in the county. The activity continues just over the border in Texas, but those permits are not shown on this map.

The map is provided courtesy of Drilling Info.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)