Oil/Gas/Division Orders

Division order
Division order  

page 2
page 2  
Hi Marsha
I have two division orders from Big Run Production Company that do not have a legal description of the property.
It reads . Property Name, Argenta #19-320 La Plata County and Archuleta County.
Unit 92711-02 Argenta #19-320,La Plata County and Archuleta County, Colorado.
The property legal description and well name are ARGENTA FEE #19,E2, S-11 32N6W, Archuleta County, Colorado.
A little well History. 1979 Big Run becomes a gas Producer, photos of the well pads show the used equipment for processioning and compression of the gas.
A Designation of Agent form 1A is filed and Big Run is effectively hidden and another operator is named on all forms and documents.
#19 is completed and production starts 1983 to 1995, cogcc sundry notices say the well is Shut-in and waiting on a pipeline etc. Documents that are required and would show the name of gatherer are missing like n.g.p.a.
1995 A"operator change" and its "Big Run" and the first check is issued. The other well # 18 goes 35 years shut-in 1980 to 2010. I had to call and ask about it.
2010 I mailed a "Payment of Proceeds-Sales Volume Reconciliation Payor Contact" Form to Big Run asking for proof of the price of each sale! Big Run's price per MCF is 40% less then BP America or Red Willow (BP Properties) the Gathering Company's
Big Run's answer is three BP statements for the ARGENTA FEE #17 La Plata county "I Own No Royalty Interest In This Property" hand written on the statements is the accounting of the three as if they were a unit using monthly production and gross and net value of the ARGENTA FEE #17.
The cogcc Unit Hearing Officer was no help !. He says that the word "contracts" in the Division Order is the reason for the deductions. I contacted BP America Owner Relation said ARGENTA FEE #17, La Plata County is the only Big Run property BP has.
The production file for the #17 and #19 have the same amounts two months in a row 7 time for the #19 and 5 times for the #17. This would happen on the same months for both wells.
#18 has a pump jack to lift the water off and there is no reported  produced water for the well.  
Cogcc has been part off the problem. The owner of the #17 says its Red Willow. He has changed his email and does not want to help even though I get paid for more of his production then He does.
I hope that you might have a good idea ? Thank You.

You have given me quite a bit of information, some of it difficult to follow, but I don't see a specific question here--I'm not sure what you are asking me to answer.

When did you receive the division orders from Big Run for the Argenta Fee #19-320?  The legal description is the East 1/2 of Section 11, Township 36 North, Range 6 West, Archuleta County, Colorado.  Is that the same location for the #17-320 well?

Could you please send me a specific question--more than one, if necessary--and I can apply the information you've given already to try and answer your question(s)?

If this Expert Question is talking about the same 2 wells as your other one, you've given additional information here that indicates BP owns no interest in the #19 well, and Big Run owns no interest in the #17.  But what do you mean by "the owner of the #17 says its Red Willow"? What owner?  Surface landowner?  Or another landowner owning a piece of mineral rights in the same land you own in?

Also, did you mean to leave this question "public" or make it private like the other one?

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA

All questions regarding division orders; ownership decimal calculations; title ownership and payer record changes (testate/intestate inheritance; deed; assignment; court order); oil and gas lease analysis for record-keeping and purposes of payment by operator or payer; pooling, horizontal wells, horizontal well allocation units; unclaimed property reporting; royalty owner relations questions. All questions concerning administration of surface land contracts and payment questions, such as for Surface Right-of-Way, Sub-Surface Right-of-Way, Easement, Surface Use Agreement. All questions regarding industry-standard and company-specific policies that affect land owners.

Sr. Staff Division Order Analyst. Certified Division Order Analyst (CDOA, National Association of Division Order Analysts) and Certified Lease Analyst (CPLTA, National Association of Professional Lease and Title Analysts) with 35 years of experience as a combination division order analyst and lease analyst in exploration and production in the oil and gas industry.

National Assoc. of Division Order Analysts (NADOA), National Association of Division Order Analysts (NALTA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), American Society of Trainers and Developers (ASTD)

"How an Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company Operates" and "Principles of Oil & Gas Lease Analysis: Standard Clauses", Oil Patch Press; Articles in NADOA Magazine; LandFocus EDU Professional Training Manuals

Education/Credentials Management from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio; M.Ed. in Instructional Design from WGU Texas.

Past 15 years: GeoSouthern Energy Corporation; Contango Oil Co./Crimson Exploration & Operating Inc.; Apache Corporation; BP America; Marathon Oil; Newfield Exploration