Oil/Gas/How long do wells produce

I am a mineral rights owner of some active wells in Roger Mills County, Ok and I would like to know what is the average time frame in years that these oil/gas wells will continue to produce. Is it 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? I don't need a detailed answer I'm only looking for what wells have done in the past on an average basis. Thank you for any help in answering my question.

Hi Patti -

It really depends on a lot of factors related to the specific reservoirs so I could only give you a "estimated guess" for the Cleveland/Tonkawa plays where you active wells are located. My guess would be the wells could be averaging between 10-12 years but some wells have only produced for 5-8 years and some have produced for 50 years so it really depends on different factors.

Thanks again.

Brian Robinson, J.D.

Questions related to Oil and Gas Exploration and Production.

More then 13 years handling matters involving: •Joint Operating Agreement Preparation and Reviews •Farm-In and Farm-Out Agreements •Assignments •Purchase and Sale Agreements •Due Diligence •Research •Data Room Development •Divestitures •Title Curative •Oil and Gas Lease Management •Negotiations •Run Sheets •Pipeline Right-of-Way Acquisitions •Unpaid and Unclaimed Royalty Solutions

I'm the managing member of Innovative Contracts Consulting LLC, which has developed its oil and gas professional service capabilities over many years and is able to provide subject matter expertise in land and other related oil and gas upstream services. We provide our clients with experienced leadership and a team of go to land and oil and gas professionals that have expertise in all the producing regions of the United States, the Caribbean and in certain offshore locations in Central and South America.

Juris Doctor, University of Kansas School of Law Business Administration (BBA), Texas Wesleyan University