Oil/Gas/How long do wells produce

Question
I am a mineral rights owner of some active wells in Roger Mills County, Ok and I would like to know what is the average time frame in years that these oil/gas wells will continue to produce. Is it 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? I don't need a detailed answer I'm only looking for what wells have done in the past on an average basis. Thank you for any help in answering my question.

Answer
Hi Patti -

It really depends on a lot of factors related to the specific reservoirs so I could only give you a "estimated guess" for the Cleveland/Tonkawa plays where you active wells are located. My guess would be the wells could be averaging between 10-12 years but some wells have only produced for 5-8 years and some have produced for 50 years so it really depends on different factors.

Thanks again.

Oil/Gas

Brian Robinson, J.D.