Oil/Gas/Mineral Rights

Question
My family was contacted by Rock Chalk Realties to purchase mineral rights that have been passed down from my grand-father. My father is in a nursing home and my mother has divorced him. The ownership was passed down through his mothers family.  We do not know where this is in Butler County or the current status of it. My mom would only say that they quit getting checks about 15 years ago. My great grandfather was William Ray Houston. The information provided by RCR is:  Unit - Houston, Operator - DE & JB Brickley DB, Decimal .00390620.

Answer
Debra,
In order to understand whether the offer you have received is in line with the market values, I would need to research the area to see what type of wells are drilled in the area, who is operating the wells and what the near future plans are.

I believe, in order to make a sound decision concerning an offer, you must understand what you own first.  I have told many people over the years that while I cannot advise you whether to sell or not, I can help you understand your situation so that you can make the best decision for yourself.

If you would like for me to look into this for you please email me at lfitzgerald@iliosresources.com.

Otherwise, my best advice to you is, understand what your situation is so that you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.

Best of luck.  

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL