Oil/Gas/ownership

Question
QUESTION: Hello,  how can i find out my net mineral acres in t 15 s, r 36e sec 8  and 9  in the graham minerals   of nm.  thanks  don

ANSWER: Don,
In order to determine your net mineral acres in a unit, you have to know the following:
1) how many total acres are in the unit
2) what your lease royalty is
3) what your decimal interest is in the unit

These 3 items are the minimum factors you would need in order to back into how many net mineral acres you own.

Once you have the 3 numbers above, here is the calculation:

Net Acres (unknown  Y) x Royalty (as a fraction) = Decimal Interest
    Unit Acres

Example:

Y   x 1 =     0.0000573
526.98     8

Y x 1       =   0.0000573
527.798 x 8   

1Y       =   0.0000573
4214.384

1Y       =   0.0000573 x 4214.384 (0.241482032)

Y       =   0.2414842032
         1

Y       =   0.2414842032 net acres

Note 1:   You must do it this way because you have to work in fractions.  The unknown (Net Acres) is part of a fraction, so the royalty must be considered as a fraction.

You can also call the Operator of the Well to ask them to provide you with this information as well.

Best of luck.

QUESTION: i was hoping there might be a web site that would list the owners and percentages of the parcels.  thanks for your help

Answer
No sir, there is not.  Unfortunately mineral ownership research is an arduous task and only determined after extensive research.

If you are a mineral owner in a producing unit, however, you should be able to contact the Operator of the well and inquire.

Best of luck.

Oil/Gas

Laura M. FitzGerald, CPL