Oil/Gas/Relief sought order dismissed

We own mineral rights to 16-27N-11W in Alfalfa County ,Ok. I know that a well pad has been poured and the last time I was lucky enough to actually talk to a person at the oil co., they said the status of that lease was a well had been drilled however there was no production information. I received an order today to DISMISS a "Relief sought : drilling and spacing units for horizontal well units" which had been filed by Sandridge Company.  What does it mean when they dismiss the cause?  Have they decided not to drill?

Thank you for your time.

It could just mean they are applying for a different spacing order than the one they had dismissed, or it could mean Sandridge is not going to be the operator after all. Chesapeake does have a current permit to drill this section, and it gives them until July 27th of this year to commence drilling. They plan to drill to the Mississippian formation according to the permit. You'll be included in this well even if Chesapeake ends up drilling it instead of Sandridge.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)