Oil/Gas/Mineral Rights on lease in Oklahoma

I am inquiring about several 100's of acres of currently leased mineral rights  located in Oklahoma,  I want to find out if we can sell them while they are under a 3 year lease that was signed back in 8/2013.  To an entirely different company that is inquiring.  Also, the current lessee wants access to more of the acres of mineral rights.  There are numerous plats of mineral rights all in Oklahoma and not all adjacent to one another...There have been about 4 different companies attempting to get these rights either through lease or purchase.  The acres are in the 1000's all counted together. Only the mineral rights are owned not the land.

Yes, you can sell them if they are leased. You can sell them if they are producing. You can sell them if they are not producing, but leased. You are the owner. It's up to you.

If you'd like to receive some other offers on them besides the unsolicited offer you received from this company, you can list them on the Mineral Hub ( There is also a link below.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)