Oil/Gas/sale of mineral rights

Question
Approximately 2 years ago I "sold" my mineral rights to my estranged aunt. At the time I needed cash terribly for outstanding debt. I trusted her to be honest, without doing ANY research myself on the current rates/prices. I feel like I was taken advantage of and would like to know if I can reclaim the said mineral rights.

The homemade bill of sale/ transfer of ownership was NOT signed and notarized in the county where the land is.

I sold the mineral rights for approx. $40.00 acre. ( Walker County, Texas)

Is there a way to reclaim them?

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Holly Sandlin

8325172036  cell

Answer
If you accepted money for something and now want to change your mind about sale it would seem to me that you should offer some consideration back at a minimum. Now I am not a lawyer, but if it was not a legal sale (recorded in county / state of lease/well location) then a title search would probably still show you as owner. Yet you still sold this at the time in good faith. Has there been production? Do other entities believe your buyer is legal owner? Have they been paid as result of your sale to them? This does sound "sticky" any way you look at it. Your knowledge now vs. your needs then are a hard issue to balance. It may be more a moral than legal question. Perhaps consider a joint ownership and honesty for your approach. Or maybe a life estate where you benefit for your life and they take it after. These are just some thoughts. You probably need to think on it some and may wish to consult an attorney or at least review some conveyance forms for information.  

Oil/Gas

Jason J. Alexander