Oil/Gas/ellis county OK mineral rights

Im sorry i didnt make sense with my last question.

More specifically, We have about 84 mineral acres in 20-19N-26W in Ellis county, OK that is about to go up for a new 3 yr lease. We've have not received an offer this time? Last time we received $1000/acre and 1/5 royalty. What is going on in that area? We'd like to lease it again. we've also got 135 acres across the border in Lipscolm county texas. we got an offer on that of $1000/ac plus 1.5 royalty. what do you think about that. we would like very much to keep all the land together.

Mark, if you have not received an offer to renew the lease, it's likely they aren't interested this time around. In fact, the most recent leases I've seen filed here were filed in early 2012.

The Oklahoma Corporation Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Oklahoma) has a wealth of information available online relating to oil and gas activity and production in Oklahoma. You can look up such things as drilling permits, recent production information, well completion reports, forced-pooling orders, and anything else that falls under their jurisdiction.

Lipscomb County Texas is a good county in the panhandle for oil and gas, though not as good as Hemphill and Wheeler to the south. $1000/acre and 1/5 doesn't sound bad as long as it's not for more than three years.

The Texas Railroad Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Texas) has a wealth of well information available online concerning oil and gas activity. You can look up such things as drilling permits, production information and completion reports.

If you ever decide to sell some or all of the mineral rights in either of these areas I'd be interested in taking a look. You can contact me at the Mineral Hub (link below.)

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)