Oil/Gas/Natural Gas Royalty Offer

We are located in Arlington, Texas and our land is a part of the Barnett Shale. We had a well drilled and have received a few royalty checks. We recently received several letters from an Addax Minerals who are wanting to purchase our royalties in a lump sum.
I have read some other posts and realize that they may know something that we don't in terms of production increase, etc. My question is how do I go about informing myself to make a good decision. How and where do I go to get information about our well and production? What information do I need to focus on to make an educated decision on whether to sell or not?
I don't know what an abstract number or survey name is or I would gladly supply those. We are in SW Arlington near Lake Arlington if that is of any use...
Thank you in advance for for ANY information!

The Texas Railroad Commission (the regulatory body for oil and gas in Texas) has a wealth of well information available online concerning oil and gas activity. You can look up such things as drilling permits, production information and completion reports.

If you are looking to sell these feel free to list them on the Mineral Hub (link below) and we'll see if we can't find you a better price than you've been offered. We would need copies of your ost recent check stubs and a copy of your lease in order to locate the property.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM RPL
The Mineral Hub  

Frederick M. Scott

Oil and gas leasing, lease negotiations, how to best deal with the oil and gas companies or their representatives, buying/selling mineral rights, forced-pooling, correlative rights, deeds and conveyances, and "post-production" costs. I am most experienced with Oklahoma properties and laws, but am able to answer questions concerning other oil and gas producing states in many cases.

I am a Certified Professional Mineral Manager (CMM) certified by the National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO) in Tulsa, OK. I am also a Registered Professional Landman (RPL) with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). I have managed my family's oil and gas properties in Oklahoma for over 10 years and have dealt with many landmen, title analysts, attorneys and other oil and gas professionals in the process. I have written several articles which have appeared in various oil and gas industry magazines and newsletters. I have negotiated and drafted leases, prepared deeds, affidavits, and other legal instruments relating to my own minerals, as well as performed title, legal research, and curative work for same. I have acquired a good deal of knowledge on the subjects of oil and gas law, mineral appraisal, and landwork over the past ten years, and also worked as a professional landman and lease buyer for a time. I've seen the business from "both sides" and therefore feel confident I can help out most of the folks who ask questions in this forum.

National Association of Royalty Owners (NARO); American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL)

National Association of Royalty Owners "Action Report" (ROAR); NADOA Magazine, The Mineral Hub, Landman Magazine, and several royalty owner association group's newsletters.

Certified Mineral Manager (CMM), Registered Professional Landman (RPL)