Oil/Gas/ROW affect mineral ownership?

Question
When granting a ROW do the minerals stay with the Landowner or does the Landowner need to reserve them in the ROW Deed?

Answer
A surface ROW merely conveys the right for someone other than the property owner to pass along or use a specific portion of land for the purpose stated in the ROW. The actual ownership of the land or minerals will not change hands due to the right-of-way to someone, though the owner's use of the land may be affected if a pipeline or some other structure takes up part of the land.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
www.mineralhub.com
The Mineral Hub  

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott