Oil/Gas/assignment of oil and gas lease

Question
I have a deed handed down through the family and didnt know if it was worth checking into ,its in Atoka Ok,and both are dated in 1923 is it jussewset a sovenour?

Answer
To answer your question directly: yes, it could be more than just a souvenir.  It could represent a real property asset that members of your family might collectively own through statutory inheritance (how land is automatically inherited when there is no Will, or the Will is not probated).  Unless, of course, the property taxes went unpaid for long enough that the county put a tax lien on the property and sold it at auction.  But a copy of the sheriff's deed should be in the deed records.

You didn't give the Grantee name on the deed(s), so I could look at anything for you, but you can try an online website such as okcountyrecords.com to search on names for free.  However, it's doubtful you will find a website that has a copy of the county deed records dating all the way back to 1923.  You might have to go to the Atoka County tax assessor-collector's office to see who they are issuing the tax bills to, if you know the deed(s) included surface rights.  If the deeds are only for royalty rights, the tax records won't help you.  Only the deed records and probate records can help you with those, because if the mineral rights aren't producing the county doesn't tax them so no tax records will exist.  Good luck, and let me know if I can do any more for you on this.

Oil/Gas

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA