Oil/Gas/received oil and gas lease fair price?

Question
NE/4 NW/4 and SW/4 NE/4 section 5, township 13N range 9E, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma, containing 80.00 acres, more or less
and
W/2 SW/4 section 18, Township 13N, Range 9E, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma, containing 80.00 acres , more or less
and
SE/4 SW/4 section 19, Township 13N, Range 9E, Okfuskee County, Oklahoma, containing 40.00 acres more or less.

I was mailed a lease agreement for 3 years, with a 2 year extension. If extension option is exercised, compensated 150% of the initial lease bonus. Lease bonus of $300 per net mineral acre paid. Royalty on production will be 1/8th of the oil and gas produced.
My question is: Is this fair? Low? or negotiable?
Thank you Eileen Davis

Answer
Probably is the current going rate, though I'd opt for a 3/16 royalty and perhaps less bonus, though the area is not that productive currently so 1/8 and more money might be more to your liking if you own more than just a few acres in each.

I would also opt for a straight 3-year lease with no extension. You can always tell them you'll be happy to lease again in three years at the then current rate (which may be higher than even 150% of their current offer.)

All leases are negotiable. You can add such things as a depth clause, no deductions clause, shut-in limitation clause etc. in most cases.

Hope this helps you out.
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott