Oil/Gas/swabbing and standing valve fixation

Question
Hi
I would like to know is it safe to use crane instead of pulling unit at small swabbing or standing valve fixation operation with shallow oil wells
Also kindly confirm me by codes or best practise of these operations

Answer
I think this may be possible, but the rigging may be more complex.  You need to discuss this with the crane company and the crane operator in great detail before the rig up begins.  Also, you need to perform a JHA (Job Hazard Analysis) prior to the operation to make sure all of the hazards have been identified.  I am not aware of any codes or best practices related to this operation.

Oil/Gas

David Traugott