Oil/Gas/Pottawatomie OK lease offers

Question
We have two different offers for Sec23-11n-03e of IM: 3 year with 2 year option to renew at 125% of bonus for 1/8 royalty and $250 NMA bonus or 3/16 royalty with $200 bonus or 1/5 with no bonus. There also is an option for participation which I don't think we would be interested in. Question I'd like to ask is this a fair offer for this area and is there any activity around there that is driving these offers? Thank you.

Answer
Not much activity in this township so I'd say you don't have much negotiating power here, nor are there many lease offers to compare yours with. I would concentrate on getting a no-deductions and depth clause included in your lease if you choose to lease. I would also not agree to more than a three-year term (including extensions.) I would not accept 1/8 even though the bonus is a bit more.

Hope this helps you out!
Frederick M. "Mick" Scott CMM, RPL
The Mineral Hub
www.mineralhub.com

Oil/Gas

Frederick M. Scott