Oil/Gas/Pooling/Drilling and spacing/Silver Creek Oil and Gas, LLC

Hi! My mom passed in 2012. The will has not been probated yet, I have been in litigation with her husband (he lost both cases against me)and is co-executor on the will. The mineral rights are Sec 29, TNSHP 6N, Range 8E, Hughes and Seminole Counties, Oklahoma. I have received 3 offers to sell, all of which I ignored. I received something BEFORE THE CORPORATION COMMISSION OF THE STATE OF OKLAHOMA. Applicant: Silver Creek Oil and Gas, LLC. Relief Sought: Pooling It is a notice of hearing. I received another one, same legal description, this one is for drilling and spacing.Pretty much after FINDINGS on that one I don't understand what it is saying. I got another one on the POOLING and again, after the FINDINGS it is Chinese. I tried the OCC web site, but I wasn't able to find out if they are drilling, etc....I have an attorney-and he has everything I have and did not alarm me to anything. Should I be worried?

No, there is nothing to be worried about.  Silver Creek is forming a pooled unit for a well they want to drill, and either there are unleased mineral rights inside their planned pooled unit area, or uncooperative oil companies who own some of the oil and gas leases inside the planned pooled unit area.  The Commission has to give them permission to drill the well by force-pooling the unleased interests or forcing participation terms on the uncooperative would-be partners in the well.  You will have to wait awhile, probably at least 3 months, before you can find out if they have actually started drilling the well yet.  Orders by the OCC (Commission) used to be good for up to 2 years, but I don't know if that is still the case.  Were your mother's mineral rights already leased out to someone?  You should know that you can contact Silver Creek and talk to the landman who is handling this well and ask when the expected "spud" date (start drilling date) for the well named in the POOLING document you received from the Commission.

Marsha Breazeale, M.Ed., CDOA, CPLTA

All questions regarding division orders; ownership decimal calculations; title ownership and payer record changes (testate/intestate inheritance; deed; assignment; court order); oil and gas lease analysis for record-keeping and purposes of payment by operator or payer; pooling, horizontal wells, horizontal well allocation units; unclaimed property reporting; royalty owner relations questions. All questions concerning administration of surface land contracts and payment questions, such as for Surface Right-of-Way, Sub-Surface Right-of-Way, Easement, Surface Use Agreement. All questions regarding industry-standard and company-specific policies that affect land owners.

Sr. Staff Division Order Analyst. Certified Division Order Analyst (CDOA, National Association of Division Order Analysts) and Certified Lease Analyst (CPLTA, National Association of Professional Lease and Title Analysts) with 35 years of experience as a combination division order analyst and lease analyst in exploration and production in the oil and gas industry.

National Assoc. of Division Order Analysts (NADOA), National Association of Division Order Analysts (NALTA), American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL), American Society of Trainers and Developers (ASTD)

"How an Oil & Gas Exploration & Production Company Operates" and "Principles of Oil & Gas Lease Analysis: Standard Clauses", Oil Patch Press; Articles in NADOA Magazine; LandFocus EDU Professional Training Manuals

Education/Credentials Management from Our Lady of the Lake University in San Antonio; M.Ed. in Instructional Design from WGU Texas.

Past 15 years: GeoSouthern Energy Corporation; Contango Oil Co./Crimson Exploration & Operating Inc.; Apache Corporation; BP America; Marathon Oil; Newfield Exploration